This Friday, 25 January, ONE Championship returns to “The Pearl of the Orient” Manila, Philippines with ONE: HERO’S ASCENT, an 11-bout card loaded with some of the world’s most prominent martial arts contenders.
With a thrilling mix of mixed martial arts, Muay Thai, kickboxing, and a ONE World Title match, ONE: HERO’S ASCENT is bound to deliver a series of unforgettable martial arts moments.
Here are three grand reasons why Cambodia should tune in and catch ONE: HERO’S ASCENT this Friday, 22 February.
#1. A ONE Flyweight World Title On The Line
In the main event, local hero and ONE Flyweight World Champion Geje “Gravity” Eustaquio will settle the score against former World Title holder Adriano “Mikinho” Moraes.
The rivalry dates back to 2014’s ONE: RISE OF THE KINGDOM at Koh Pich Theatre in Phnom Penh where Brazilian Moraes finished Eustaquio with a second-round guillotine choke and won the inaugural ONE World Flyweight Championship Title.
After a suspenseful and razor close World Title Unification bout in June 2018, Team Lakay talent “Gravity” Eustaquio managed to revenge his loss in Cambodia via split decision, but the exciting match-up left the fans longing for more, and this Friday they will get their wish granted.
#2. Five Explosive ONE Super Series Bouts
ONE Super Series (OSS) has been nothing but success since ONE Championship introduced its all-striking league in early 2018.
At ONE: HERO’S ASCENT, the passionate Filipino audience will get a full dose of high-powered Muay Thai and kickboxing action.
Kicking off the main card is featherweight Muay Thai bout between Bangpleenoi Petchyindee Academy from Thailand and Dutch knockout-sensation Brown Pinas – Do not blink!
Also on the main card, Thai hero Rodtang “Iron Man” Jitmuangnon will make his much-anticipated return to OSS competition as he takes on Tunisian Fahdi “The Gladiator” Khaled in a must-see three-round Muay Thai flyweight bout.
With a total of five OSS bouts, Manila is set for an evening of the highest level of stand-up striking that will prove why everyone is buzzing about ONE Championship’s talent-stacked all-striking league.
#3. A Spectacular Lightweight World Grand Prix Quarter-Final
In the evening’s co-main event, undefeated Hawaiian powerhouse Lowen Tynanes will take on Team Lakay’s former ONE Featherweight World Champion Honorio “The Rock” Banario in a Lightweight World Grand Prix Quarter-Final bout.
The 28-year-old Hawaiian headlined ONE: KINGDOM OF KHMER in late 2015, but has been away from ONE competition for almost three years.
Wasting no time, Tynanes will jump straight into action as he takes on the Filipino hometown hero “The Rock” Banario in hopes of making it to the next round of ONE’s Lightweight World Grand Prix where world-class competitors as Amir Khan and former UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez will be competing for the ONE World Title.
ONE: HERO’S ASCENT – Main Card
- Geje Eustaquio (c) VS Adriano Moraes (ONE Flyweight World Championship)
- Honorio Banario VS Lowen Tynanes (ONE Lightweight World Grand Prix quarter-final)
- Danny Kingad VS Tatsumitsu Wada (Mixed Martial Arts – flyweight)
- Fahdi Khaled VS Rodtang Jitmuangnon (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – flyweight)
- Reinier De Ridder VS Fan Rong (Mixed Martial Arts – middleweight)
- Josh Tonna VS Hiroki Akimoto (ONE Super Series Kickboxing – flyweight)
ONE: HERO’S ASCENT – Preliminary Card
- Brown Pinas VS Bangpleenoi Petchyindee Academy (ONE Super Series Muay Thai — featherweight)
- Elias Mahmoudi VS Yukinori Ogasawara (ONE Super Series Muay Thai — flyweight)
- Sung Jong Lee VS Tang Kai (Mixed Martial Arts – featherweight)
- Mohammed Bin Mahmoud VS Hiroaki Suzuki (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- Egi Rozten VS Himanshu Kaushik (Mixed Martial Arts – strawweight)